Announcement for inviting Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists (RTF-DCS) 2019-2020
The Research Training Fellowship-Developing Countries Scientist (RTF-DCS) Scheme is a flagship funding program started by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), as their implementation partner to support young researchers and scientists from Developing Countries (except India) to work at any of the Indian research/academic Institution. This prestigious fellowship aims at capacity building of young researchers and scientists of Developing Countries working in the field of science and technology and further strengthen the bond between India and other countries. This fully funded fellowship is for a period of six months each with financial support for international travel, subsistence allowance, research contingency, and domestic travel etc.
Applications are invited from researchers and scientists from Developing Countries for the award of this fellowship for conducting research in Indian institutions across all areas of science and technology.
- Capacity building for young researchers
2. Promote mobility of scientists and researchers
3. Facilitate the exchange of information, contacts and create a network for building research collaborations
4. A spin-off– opportunity to get co-supervisors from India for their research projects for Ph.D. or Master’s degree
Outline of the Fellowship
The objective of Research Train in g Fellowship Developing Countries Scientist (RTF-DCS) Scheme is to provide an opportunity for researchers and scientists from Developing Countries to conduct research under the guidance of a host scientist in India in order to advance their own research capabilities while fostering scientific and technological cooperation between India and other countries.
Fields of Research
All fields of natural and engineering sciences, including mathematics and statistics. Humanities and behavioral sciences are not covered under this scheme.
Number of Fellowships every year: Sixty (60)
Fellowship Duration: Six (06) months
- Applicant must hold the nationality of any of the developing country (except India)
• Masters Degree in any Natural Sciences or an equivalent degree in Technology / Engineering / Medicine / allied disciplines
• Upper age limit: 45 years as on date of submission of application
• Applicant should be a Ph.D. pursuing student or working in a national R&D or academic institution in his/ her home country