Fulbright-Nehru International Education Administrators Seminar: 2020-2021
The Fulbright-Nehru International Education Administrators Seminar (IEAS) aims to provide Indian college and university administrators the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the U.S. higher education system.
The two-week U.S. visit in October 2020 will enable participants to learn about various facets of U.S. higher education, including the types of institutions, accreditation, curriculum development, fund-raising, student services and international education on U.S. campuses, as well as share knowledge on Indian higher education. Topics addressed during visits and meetings at select campuses and organizations will also include research collaborations, faculty and student exchanges, and study abroad.
This seminar is designed for Indian college and university administrators with at least two years of experience in international program development and management at their institutions in India. Applicants must be middle to senior-level college or university administrators (vice- chancellors, deans, department heads, directors of international centres or offices, foreign student advisors, registrars etc.) who have substantial responsibility for enhancing the international dimension of their institutions and who wish to build capacity of their faculty and students through international collaborations and exchange and innovative curricular design.
Twelve Indian higher education administrators will be selected to participate in the two-week seminar scheduled in October 2020. Participants will have to submit a report of their visit.
Selected participants will receive J-1 visa support, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel from India to the U.S., travel within the U.S., lodging and a per-diem. Dependents are not allowed to accompany during the seminar.
In addition to the General Prerequisites, the applicant should:
- be mid to senior-level college or university administrators (vice-chancellors, deans, department heads, directors of international centres/offices, foreign student advisors, or registrars etc.) working at Indian institutions;
- have at least two years’ experience in the relevant field;
- have responsibility of enhancing the international dimension of their institutions and should wish to build capacity of their faculty and students through international collaborations and exchange and innovative curricular design;
- have a high level of academic/professional achievement;
How to Apply
1. Applications must be submitted online at: https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2020
2. Review the Application Instructions carefully before starting your online application.
3. You must complete and upload the Statement of Purpose on your online application
4. You must complete and upload Letter of Support from Home Institution on your online application.
In case of queries, please contact Viji Shibu Ninan, Program Coordinator-Indian Program, USIEF, 12 Hailey Road, New Delhi 110 001, phone 011 4209 0947, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: September 2, 2019.
Timeline and Placement Process
|September 2, 2019||Application deadline for 2020-2021 awards|
|End-October 2019||Experts review applications to short-list candidates for interviews|
|Early-February 2020||National interviews of short-listed candidates in Delhi|
|Mid-February 2020||Principal and alternate nominees are notified that they are recommended|
|March 2020||USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement|
|October 2020||Program begins|
You can apply for only ONE Fulbright-Nehru fellowship category during a competition cycle.
Plagiarism in the application will lead to disqualification.
Unless otherwise specified, Fulbright-Nehru applications are to be submitted online.
Application received after the deadline will NOT be considered.
Extensions and transfer of visa sponsorship will not be permitted
- Address Fulbright
- Job Page URL http://www.usief.org.in/International-Education-Administrators-Seminar.aspx